Mobile World Capital – Barcelona
mCenter Director Mimi Sheller will be featured in a video installed in the new Mobile World Center, in the heart of Barcelona.
What is the Mobile World Centre?
The Centre is Mobile World Capital’s permanent exhibition & venue, to spread and demonstrate the latest mobile technologies and solutions to citizens.
The Centre permanent exhibition is an open platform to all citizens to understand, learn & experience the mWorld. At the first floor you will find:
- Data Cloud: Dynamic screens with key metrics showing the evolution of mobile telephony, including penetration and social usage all around the world
- Interactive Forest: An attractive walk through the different visions and components of mWorld and its capacity to transform the way we live.
- mWorld Experience – Central element of the exhibition, showing the transformation capability and the constant evolution of the mobile industry and its impact in people’s life
- mWorld Experience – Video Library
- mHistory - Timeline with multimedia information covering mobile development, since the beginning of commercial mobile telephony to nowadays.
The Centre exhibition will always be in constant evolution showing latest trends, events and facts from the mWorld.
We welcome all companies, citizens and mLovers to participate, so if you would like to present or suggest some potential content for the centre, please do contact us at: email@example.com
At the 2nd floor of the Centre you will find a highly versatile space dedicated to Mobile events (mEvents).
A unique, contemporary and innovative space of 440m2 that hosts approximately 150pax for event. The centre also offers catering and AV Services.
For the latest agenda of mEvents at the centre please visit mobileworldcentre.com
If you would like to find out more about how to use this space or can you collaborate with the Mobile World Centre please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Barcelona, Spain, placed in Fontanella 2, in the corner of Plaça Catalunya with streets Portal de l’Angel and Fontanella, in a flagship building of Telefónica Movistar.
In the summer of 2011, GSMA selected Barcelona as the world’s first Mobile World Capital from 2012 to 2018. The GSMA represents the interests of mobile operators worldwide. Spanning more than 220 countries, the GSMA unites nearly 800 of the world’s mobile operators with more than 230 companies in the broader mobile ecosystem.
The Mobile World Capital will radically accelerate the global growth of mobile and Barcelona will be the global showcase for innovation.
The Mobile World Capital Foundation & Telefonica have worked hand in hand to create a unique, open platform called Mobile World Centre; a state of the art exhibition showroom where citizens are able to understand and experience how mobile is enhancing our lives.
The Mobile World Centre, located in the heart of Barcelona, brings mobile technology closer to all citizens, share a global vision of the mobile future and be a source of information for the other Mobile World Capital channels; Mobile World Hub, Mobile Word Festival and Mobile World Congress.
For further information please visit: